Monday, March 14, 2011

Busy bees

It was such a busy weekend my feet are glad to be back under my desk. Here’s what we saw:
1 film, 1 art fair, 1 museum, 1 photography exhibition
… and we still squeezed in 1 football match and 1 rugby match (albeit on tv)


The film was Fair Game, the political thriller based on the outing of the CIA agent Valerie Plame in the run-up to the Iraq war. (I don’t suppose the Blairs will be going to see this.)


The Affordable Art Fair was in Battersea Park. We nearly didn’t make it because my south of the river map reading skills leave something to be desired and we ended up parking on the far side of the park to the fair, but it was a lovely sunny morning and the walk did us good. And we bought two paintings and commissioned a sculpture because it was that or top up an ISA. (The husband is convinced that his eye is so good that our purchases will be investments, but I don’t care if they are or not.)


The museum was the revamped Museum of London. I’m glad the Victorian shops are still there. I’m not so sure about the rest – although the redesign generally got rave reviews, I have fond memories of the old museum.


The photography exhibition was downstairs in the museum – London Street Life. Wonderful. You can buy some of the prints online but when I got home and checked, the one I liked best wasn’t there. Probably as well.

And the sport? Football was a disaster. Rugby was won by a narrow margin.

No comments:

Post a Comment